This page isn't being updated because I'm not developing MZF any more.
What you want:
- If you have Windows 3.1, you want to get MZF16-95B
- If you have Windows 95/98/NT, you want to get MZF32-95B, unless:
- You need Envy 2.0 support and have Win95/NT. Then get MZFE2-32.
- You need ROM 2.4 support and have Win95/NT. Then get MZF97A. It is not perfect.
MZF 0.97a notes
Download mzf97a.zip (www) -- (450k)
Take a peek at ROM 2.4 mode
Bugs in MZF 0.97a-b2
- Area files cannot be converted from ROM 2.3 to ROM 2.4 due to a bug in
translating the 'size' field. Thanks to Allen Akers for pointing this out.
(It is possible I think to convert from ROM 2.3 to Envy, then reload and
convert to ROM 2.4, but that is the only work around until the next patch.)
- Clan rooms for ROM write out in a way the server cannot read them.
So you want the MZF source code...
A version of 32 bit MZF which supports EnvyMUD 2.0 is available. You have to get
the regular MZF32.ZIP and then this file to use it. The file is MZFE2-32.ZIP and
is 277,237 bytes. Click here-www.
MZF16-95b is 439,012 bytes. Click
MZF32-95b is 389,834 bytes. Click
This version is for Windows 95/98/NT (NT works with 3.5x or 4.0 Intel-only)
This version was zipped with WinZip '95 which is why you see a long file name in
Rainman has reported a minor bug in MZF 0.94c where 'P' resets get
ignored by the renumber command. So if you have a zone in which objects
get reset inside other objects, you will need to edit by hand the vnums
after you renumber.
MZF fill fail with a GPF fault if an object is reset onto a mobile with an illegal wield-position. (This would happen if you were loading a zone for a MUD with extra wield positions.) Thanks Rainman for pointing this out.
Making Rooms with MZF
Making Mobiles with MZF
Making Objects with MZF
MZF Control Panel
My home page